We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Hawk Talk
To wish you a very happy Thanksgiving!
#kaakaww ? #gobblegobble?
The Changelog: New features to Gobble About
- Findings History. The closest we could get to a time machine. The findings details panel now contains an activity tab to view a history of a finding’s actions and status.
- Release Notes Updates: Users will now receive nudges in the UI when new release notes are published.
- UI Improvements. We may be biased, but the platform’s UI is looking better than ever on both mobile and desktop thanks to some tuning from our front end team.
- Exciting Changes on the Horizon. We have been working hard on an update that will launch in December. Stay tuned!
StackHawk Wins AppSec CISO Choice Award
We were thrilled to find out we had been selected as the Application Security category winner for the first-ever CISO Choice Awards. What makes this award unique is that experienced CISOs select the finalists and winners.
We sat down (well, virtually sat down) with StackHawk CSO and Co-Founder, Scott Gerlach, to talk about what makes this award meaningful for a security leader.
? Reading Material
- StackHawk Named as Developer Security Startup to Know [paywall]: Business Insider recognizes StackHawk as one of the key startups putting security into the hands of developers.
- Application Security Belongs in the CI Pipeline: To keep up with frequent deployments, security testing needs to be approached through the proven model used for application testing. [Originally published on TFIR.io]
- How to Develop Microservices in Kubernetes: Learn how we have approached the challenges of developing a rapidly expanding set of microservices of our platform through Docker Compose and Kubernetes.
? Virtual Events
We attended tons of great virtual conferences in November including API World, DeveloperWeek Enterprise and KubeCon. We have several more virtual events coming up in December as well as webinars and workshops.
- GraphQL Galaxy: Dec 7-8
- GitHub Universe: Dec 8-10
- [Workshop] Securing GraphQL: Dec 10, 9 am MT
- [Webinar] Integrate AppSec Testing into CI/CD: Dec 11, 11 am MT
- Open Core Summit: Dec 16-17
❤️ Give Us Some Love
Share the goodness of developer-centric application security. We are always grateful for recommendations and referrals! We’d love for you to share about StackHawk with your friends and colleagues. As always, thank you for your support!