The Changelog: New Features to Kaakaww About
- HawkDocs. We have made huge updates and improvements to our documentation site, HawkDocs. We have rewritten content, introduced dark mode, optimized for all devices and improved navigation so it is easier than ever to find answers to your questions.
- PDF Report. Users will now be able to export and save a copy of their scan reports. Share the report with stakeholders outside of your StackHawk account so they can understand the state of your application’s security.
- Application Table View. Now you can view applications in a table format or a card format, creating more real estate for organizations with many applications.
- HawkScan Version. It’s easier than ever to know if you’re running the latest version of the StackHawk scanner. We have updated the Scan Details page to show you the version of HawkScan that ran and any available updates.
- Deleting Users. Have a change to your team? Is Roger overusing gifs in Slack? You can now remove users from your StackHawk organization.
Announcing StackHawk’s Series A
Earlier this week we announced our $10 million Series A funding. The round was led by Sapphire Ventures and included return seed backers Foundry Group, Costanoa Ventures, Flybridge Capital, and Matchstick Ventures.
But, this is no time to rest on our laurels. We are using the funding to continue bringing AppSec to developers. We have big things planned when it comes to product development which we will highlight in future newsletters.
The funding also allows us to grow. In October, we added teammates to our sales and marketing teams and we have more additions planned before the end of the year. Keep an eye on our jobs page as we enter this new phase of growth.
Other Happenings: Because We Have to Keep Corporate Busy Somehow
- Business Insider [paywall]: Denver startup StackHawk just raised a $10 million Series A to help developers automatically find security flaws in their apps.
- Securing Apps From the Very Beginning: Why Sapphire Ventures is Excited to Partner with StackHawk.
- The Need for Developer-Centric Application Security: Costanoa Ventures’ perspective on continued investment in developer-centric AppSec.
- Using Spring Profiles to Statefully Mock Out Third Party Services in Docker: How we are building services using Kotlin SpringBoot to deliver functionality to our platform.
We attended 8 virtual conferences this month including JamstackConf, SnykCon, and API World. We have several more events coming up in November. Swing by our virtual booths at the following events.
❤️Give Us Some Love
Share the goodness of developer-centric application security. We are always grateful for recommendations and referrals! We’d love for you to share about StackHawk with your friends and colleagues. As always, thank you for your support!